Flowering houseplants are one of the things that almost all of us are looking for, creating vitality and a sense of freshness in the living environment is very much dependent on the use of flowers and plants in the interior of our home. In this article, we will introduce you to different types of flowering houseplants.
New year plants
With the approach of spring and the arrival of Christmas, this glorious celebration, many compatriots are looking to prepare their homes. One of the things that almost everyone is looking for is creating vitality and a sense of freshness in their living environment. To achieve this, decorating your home with natural flowers is one of the simplest tricks.
- African violet
- Name: Saintpaulia ionantha
- Dimensions: up to 20 cm long and 40 cm wide
- Storage conditions: medium to high light, temperature 65 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit, keeping the soil moist
African violets are among the simplest flowering houseplants. With the slightest care, you will have a lush plant all year round. It is interesting to know that they are composed of thousands of different forms and species. This plant needs a warm environment and controlled sunlight. It is also better not to let the water reach the hairy leaves of this plant because it causes brown spots.
One of the reasons for the popularity of this plant is that with a wide window and natural light entering the house, this plant flowers continuously. Also, according to the various colors of this plant, you can choose it according to your home decoration. On the other hand, African violet is one of the plants that reminds us of the feeling of our grandmothers' house and ancient times.
- Name: Abutilon x hybridum
- Dimensions: up to 150 cm high and 90 cm wide
- Storage conditions: Nearly high light, temperature 65 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit, moist soil
This plant with paper flowers in red, pink, orange and yellow colors, reminiscent of lanterns in celebrations. How to grow such plants as the tree is growing, you can even put them in hanging pots. The reason for the plant's popularity is that it flowers almost all year round. The leaves of this plant are like maple leaves and are dark green.
Tip: If the flowers of the alfalfa plant start to wither, you have probably neglected to irrigate the plant.
- Name: Jasminum spp
- Dimensions: up to 120 cm long and 180 cm wide
- Storage conditions: Very high light, 60 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit, 40 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit in winter, keeping soil moist.
Among the flowering apartment flowers is the jasmine plant, which has various types. But both types require less maintenance and only light and moisture are required for their growth. The reason for the popularity of this plant is its fragrant pink and white flowers that are found in all florists.
- Name: Justicia brandegeeana
- Dimensions: up to 90 cm long and 60 cm wide
- Storage conditions: Nearly high light, temperature 60 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit, keeping the soil moist
This plant grows very fast, so it needs constant pruning to maintain the desired size, but it is a plant that flowers continuously throughout the year. Most species of this plant have pink petals with tubular white flowers. But those with yellow or brown leaflets are more durable. Since each spike of this plant is very similar to a large shrimp, its other name is Shrimp plant (golden shrimp plant). One of the reasons for its popularity is the special and unique nature of its flowers.
Name: Pelargonium spp
- Dimensions: up to 90 cm in length and width
- Storage conditions: Nearly high light, temperature 60 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit, keeping the soil moist.
Different species of geraniums are known as houseplants. The plant you see in the picture has the largest and most spectacular flowers among the different types of this plant, but it must be kept in cool weather conditions. The reason for the popularity of this plant, in addition to its beauty, is its easy maintenance and easy growth.
Goldfish or Nematanthus spp
Dimensions: up to 60 cm long and 90 cm wide
Storage conditions: medium to high light, temperature 65 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit, 50 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit in winter, relatively dry soil
Nematanthus is a member of the African violet family, which blooms mostly in summer, but if it receives enough light, it will bloom all year round. Some of them have long stems that are reminiscent of fishing line, from which a goldfish hangs, which is why they are known as goldfish.
Due to the hanging form of the stems of this plant, they can be a good choice for hanging pots. The reason for the popularity of this plant is because of its special and interesting appearance. Especially that encourages children to take care of plants and the environment.
Coral: Euphorbia milii
- Dimensions: up to 90 cm in length and width
- Storage conditions: Nearly high light, temperature 65 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit, almost dry soil. This plant has full and impressive flowers and thick, brown stems